For the Filling
- 3 large sweet potatoes (3 cups)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
For the Topping
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour ( I use “Better Batter“)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes. In a large pot, boil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the topping. In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients except for the butter. Using a fork or a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain and mash with a potato masher. Transfer 3 cups of the mashed sweet potato to a stand mixer.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients to the stand mixer and whip until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour the sweet potato filling into a prepared 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle topping all over the filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.