This gluten free and dairy free Stuffing is crispy, salty, and full of SO much flavor. It’s easy to make and tastes incredible!
- 1 large loaf of gluten free bread (or about 13 cups of dry bread cubes)*
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) vegan butter ( I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp warm water (or 1 egg)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- If your gluten free bread is frozen, thaw it the night before in the fridge or microwave the bread the day of to thaw.
- Cut the loaf of gluten free bread into about 1 1/2″ cubes, place in a large bowl and set aside.*
- In a large pan, saute celery and onions in the butter for about 10-15 minutes.
- If not using a real egg, in a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and warm water and set aside for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Pour the sauteed celery, onion, and butter mixture over the bread cubes and stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth, flaxseed mixture (or egg), and seasonings to the bread cubes and stir.
- Spread the stuffing in a 9×13 greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe requires a more dense bread like “Canyon Bakehouse”. If you use a soft bread it will likely be too mushy for this recipe. You can also toast your bread or leave it out to dry out for a couple of days if you aren’t sure it will be the right texture.