- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 15 oz cans black beans
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use this homemade taco seasoning)
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker or Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- If cooking in the slow cooker, cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- If cooking in an Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Poultry setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 20 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks and serve with your favorite toppings.