- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs diced green chilies
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Place tomatoes, chilies, pepper, onion, garlic, and lime in the slow cooker/Instant Pot.
- Coat both sides of the chicken breasts in the seasoning mixture and place in the slow cooker/Instant Pot.
- Push the chicken down into the tomato, onion, and pepper mixture until the chicken is coated.
- If cooking in a slow cooker, cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- If cooking in an Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Poultry setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, cut it into strips or shred it.
- Serve on gluten free flour or corn tortillas, over some quinoa or rice, or just all by itself.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Follow cooking directions above.