THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS
I was pretty certain when I found out that I couldn’t have dairy products anymore, that the lack of cheese in my meals was going to mean everything would taste bland. I mean we coated EVERYTHING in cheese.
I would use a pack of cheese (2 cups) just for our dinner. Now I’m not going to sit here and lie to you and say that I think cheese is gross, because I think we all know it’s delicious.
However, I am going to tell you that after almost a year without cheese I truly am really glad that it’s gone. A big reason is because I was missing out on so many other amazing flavors.
My stomach not hurting after every meal was a bonus too! Having so much cheese on everything completely muted the other flavors that were in my meals.
This black bean soup is one of those meals that is just bursting with flavor and being able to taste all of the different flavor combinations is something I didn’t really experience before I cut out cheese.
I cannot tell you how excited I was about how this slow cooker Black Bean Soup tasted! It was so easy to make, it’s super healthy, and the flavors are crazy good.
When I was looking into black bean soup recipes, I noticed that most of them contained a lot of the same ingredients that my black bean burger recipe has.
You’ve got red onion, lime, black beans, and green chilies just like the black bean burgers, but the additional flavor you get from the yellow pepper and seasoning changes the flavor to make this a uniquely delicious meal.
You just chop your veggies, put everything in the slow cooker, and let it cook all day.
Have you all cut out any foods because of allergies that you are happy to have gone? I never thought cheese would be that for me, but I would give it up any day to experience flavors like the ones in this slow cooker black bean soup!
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!Print
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs green chiles
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Prep veggies.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. If cooking in an Instant Pot, add all ingredients to the pressure cooker, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Bean/Chili setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 30 minutes on the normal mode.
- When the beans are completely cooked, serve as is or partially blend soup with an immersion blender or regular blender for a creamier consistency.
- Serving Size: 6