- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut open the spaghetti squash length wise using a very sharp knife.*
- Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (this is a very similar process to cleaning out a pumpkin).
- Place the cut spaghetti squash open side up on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each half of the spaghetti squash.
- Spread the minced garlic over each half evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Allow the spaghetti squash to cool a bit and then use a fork the shred the inside of the squash. The squash will resemble pasta.
- Serve as a side or with your favorite protein and sauce for the perfect healthy meal.
- *Cutting open Spaghetti Squash can be a bit challenging. The trick really is to make sure you have a very sharp knife and be very careful of how you are holding the squash as you cut it. Since it is a rounded vegetable, it likes to try and move on you when you cut it if you aren’t holding it firmly.