THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS
Have you all been introduced to the magic that is Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash?! I had never even heard of spaghetti squash until a year ago when it first started becoming really popular on Pinterest.
I was super skeptical when I saw that people were using squash as a pasta substitute, but I couldn’t have regular pasta anymore because of my food allergies. We were also trying out all kinds of new healthy recipes so I thought I would give it a try.
The recipe I am sharing today is such a delicious way to make spaghetti squash to use for so many different meals.
The only tricky part to roasting spaghetti squash is getting them cut open. It reminds me of carving a pumpkin every time I do it.
The trick really is to make sure you have a very sharp knife and be very careful of how you are holding the squash as you cut it. Since it is a rounded vegetable, it likes to try and move on you when you cut it if you aren’t holding it firmly.
Once you get it open, you scoop out the seeds, drizzle with some olive oil, season with minced garlic, salt and pepper. Then roast the spaghetti squash in the oven for an hour. When it comes out, you use a fork to scrape inside the squash and it shreds up like pasta.
It really is so simple and the roasted garlic makes the whole house smell amazing while it’s cooking.
Have you ever tried any roasted spaghetti squash recipes or is this your first one? I would love to hear about your experiences with this amazing vegetable.
If you like this pasta substitute, you might also like spiralized zucchini. It’s another favorite of mine that I will definitely post about soon. I hope you all enjoy this Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash as much as I do!Print
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut open the spaghetti squash length wise using a very sharp knife.*
- Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (this is a very similar process to cleaning out a pumpkin).
- Place the cut spaghetti squash open side up on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each half of the spaghetti squash.
- Spread the minced garlic over each half evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Allow the spaghetti squash to cool a bit and then use a fork the shred the inside of the squash. The squash will resemble pasta.
- Serve as a side or with your favorite protein and sauce for the perfect healthy meal.
- *Cutting open Spaghetti Squash can be a bit challenging. The trick really is to make sure you have a very sharp knife and be very careful of how you are holding the squash as you cut it. Since it is a rounded vegetable, it likes to try and move on you when you cut it if you aren’t holding it firmly.