- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips* (optional, I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients except chocolate chips (optional) and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Scoop mixture into a muffin pan and fill about 3/4 of the way full (you can use muffin liners if desired).
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving.
- These pumpkin muffins are delicious with or without chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are not typically refined sugar free. Chopped pecans or walnuts could also be used in place of the chocolate chips.