These crispy onion straws are gluten free, dairy free, and taste amazing! They are the perfect topping for your burger, salad, or just to eat as a snack!
- 1 onion, thinly cut into rings or strips
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Better Batter Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour“)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Oil for frying (I like to use olive oil, but vegetable oil will work well too)
- Cut onion into thin rings or strips. Add gluten free flour to a large bowl. Mix in salt and pepper. Add dairy free milk to another large bowl.
- Dip onions in dairy free milk and then toss in the gluten free flour to evenly coat.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large pan. You will need around 1 1/2 inches of oil in the pan to cover the onions completely when frying.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Use a large strainer spoon to remove the onions from the hot oil. Place onions on a plate with paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Continue this process until all onions are fried.