These gluten free and vegan No Bake Cookies are delicious and super easy to make! The peanut butter and chocolate is the best flavor combination!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Holiday Treats E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
No Bake Cookies have been one of my all time favorite cookies since I was little. There is just something so magical about the peanut butter and chocolate combination and they are so easy to make.
I always add them to my holiday treat trays and make them for my husband and I to have for Valentine’s Day. They are always a huge hit even with the modifications to make them gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free. No one can tell the difference!
This was also one of the easiest recipes to modify for my food allergies. You substitute vegan butter or coconut oil instead of regular butter, coconut sugar instead of refined sugar, dairy free milk instead of cow’s milk, and gluten free oats instead of regular oats.
Using coconut oil makes the recipe healthier, but they also don’t stay firm for very long out of the fridge. So I usually will make them with the vegan butter when I need to leave them sitting out for family functions.
I make them with coconut oil most of the time throughout the year when we just want them at home for a treat.
One of my favorite things about these cookies is that they are no bake. They could not be any easier to make and they yield a lot of cookies. That’s the best kind of recipe in my opinion!
I’m planning to make a batch (or maybe two because these freeze well) before I have my son in April so I have a yummy on the go treat when we get back from the hospital.
What are some of your favorite easy no bake treats to make? These no bake cookies are definitely at the top of my list, but I also love making peanut clusters and am working on a recipe for no bake cookie dough bars.
I hope you enjoy these gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free no bake cookies as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks” or you can use coconut oil*)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add cocoa powder, dairy free milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vegan butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until everything is combined. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in oats and mix until all of the oats are coated.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop or spoon, drop the mixture onto the parchment paper and gently press down on each cookie to flatten them out a bit.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 20-30 minutes. I like to place them in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.*
- You can use coconut oil instead of vegan butter if desired. The cookies do not hold together as long with coconut oil so I suggest using vegan butter if you plan to have the cookies sitting out for a while.
- These also freeze very well!
LOOKING FOR MORE DAIRY FREE AND GLUTEN FREE HOLIDAY RECIPES? CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITES BELOW!
To download your free printable gluten free and dairy free Holiday Treats E-Cookbook, please fill out the form below.