This gluten free and dairy free Pasta Salad tastes SO much like traditional pasta salad and is so easy to make! It’s the perfect side dish to bring to your next family gathering!
- 1 12oz box gluten free pasta (I use “Barilla Gluten Free Rotini”)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped and quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup gluten free pepperoni, quartered (Make sure if your pepperoni contains “Lactic Acid” that it is not from milk. I use “Applegate Farms” brand.)
- 1 2.5 oz can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup Italian dressing (homemade recipe below)
Italian dressing (makes 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When there are 3 minutes left, add broccoli and finish cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop pepper, cucumber, red onion, pepperoni, and black olives. Add to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Run cold water over the pasta and broccoli until cooled. Add the pasta and broccoli to the bowl.
- In a medium sized mason jar, combine all Italian dressing ingredients and shake until combined.
- Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to the pasta salad and toss to evenly coat. Add additional dressing to taste.*
1 cup of dressing is usually plenty for my family’s tastes, but some people like to have a stronger Italian dressing flavor. Just add dressing until you are happy with the taste. Store extra dressing in the mason jar in the fridge for up to a week. It’s delicious on salad and baked chicken.