- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal*
- 3 tbsp warm water*
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats*
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”. Water can be used as well.)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed and warm water and set aside for 5 minutes to firm up.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients including your flax seed mixture once it’s ready and mix well to combine.
- Measure out a large tablespoon of the mixture and gently roll in your hands to form meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- You can use 1 egg in place of the flax seed meal and warm water if you do not have any issues with eggs.
- If you can’t have oats, gluten free bread crumbs will work as well.
- These meatballs also freeze really well! I usually make up multiple batches and freeze half for later. Once the meatballs have cooled, store in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes when ready to eat.