Taco Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning)
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
To Make the Taco Salad:
- Add the ground turkey to a large pan and cook 5-8 minutes on medium high heat until browned.
- Mix taco seasoning in with the ground turkey. Add 2-3 tbsp of water to help evenly coat the turkey in the seasoning.
- While turkey is cooking, prepare other salad ingredients.
- Add chopped romaine to a large bowl. Pour in remaining taco salad ingredients and toss.
To Make Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- Add all avocado cilantro lime dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve over the taco salad.