This gluten free and vegan White Bean Soup is warm, creamy, and tastes wonderful! You can make it in your Instant Pot or slow cooker making it the perfect dinner option!
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry navy beans*
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp sage, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker or Instant Pot and stir.
- If cooking in a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.*
- If cooking in an Instant Pot, add all ingredients to the pressure cooker, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Bean/Chili setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 30 minutes, high pressure, and on the normal mode. Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally.*
- Mash beans with potato masher before serving to get a nice creamy consistency and enjoy!
Make sure you use navy beans and not cannellini beans. If using cannellini beans, you need to boil the beans on the stove for 10 minutes before adding to the slow cooker/Instant Pot.
All slow cookers behave a little differently. If you aren’t sure of how your slow cooker will cook dry beans, I recommend boiling the beans for 10 minutes before adding them to the slow cooker to make sure they are soft once the cook time is up.
For extra soft beans, I recommend bumping up the Instant Pot to “More” mode and setting the cook time to 40 minutes.