- 4 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or homemade mix here
- 2/3 cup of salsa
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bring quinoa and vegetable broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the middle of the zucchini to make a “boat” for the filling.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except for the zucchini and taco seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Add half of the taco seasoning mix and stir to combine. Taste the mixture to determine if the other half of the taco seasoning is desired (we use all of it, but that may be too much seasoning for some). Add the other half of the taco seasoning if desired and stir to combine.
- Place the zucchini in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish with the open side up. Stuff the zucchini with a generous amount of the prepared filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until zucchini is soft. Add your favorite Mexican toppings and enjoy!