These gluten free and vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are so easy to make and have the best soft texture! They taste delicious and are an awesome breakfast treat!
- 1 cup (167g) all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour“)
- 1 cup (116g) gluten free oat flour (or sorghum flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten free all-purpose flour, gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it). I recommend weighing the flours in this recipe.
- Add the remaining muffin ingredients except for the chocolate chips to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter and fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before eating.