These gluten free and vegan Brownie Cookies are the perfect combination of a brownie and a cookie! They are fudgy, soft, and so easy to make!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Dessert Recipes E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
Do you ever have those days where all you can think about is chocolate? I have A LOT of those days so I am always looking for a new chocolate recipe.
I was super excited when I first heard the term “Brownie Cookies”. I love brownies and I love cookies so what could be better than a brownie and a cookie coming together as one?!
I did a bunch of research and came up with a recipe to try. I went through two different trials on this cookie before I figured out the perfect combination of ingredients.
The first time I made them, they tasted delicious, but they were crazy flat!
I might keep that version around to make a brownie crust in the future, but it wasn’t what I wanted out of this cookie.
The second time I made them, they were absolutely perfect!!
They were thick, soft, and tasted SOO good!
I also love how rich and chocolaty they are.
You get the wonderful flavor and texture of a brownie but in cookie form. What could be better than that?
My whole family LOVES them!
My husband said he would have no idea they were gluten free and vegan if I hadn’t told him. They are that good!
GLUTEN FREE BROWNIE COOKIES RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Fax seed meal warm water: You can also use 1 egg in place of the flax seed meal and water.
- Vegan butter: I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Gluten free all-purpose flour: I use “Better Batter“
- Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips: I use “Enjoy Life” brand
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN BROWNIE COOKIES:
- Preheat oven: to 350°F.
- Mix flax egg: Combine flax seed meal and warm water in a small bowl and set to the side for about 5 minutes.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined. Add in your flax seed meal mixture and stir.
- Mix together dry ingredients: Add baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, gluten free all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips: Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies: Use a small cookie scoop to form balls and place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased cookie sheet).
- Bake: 16 minutes and allow cookies to cool completely before eating.
That’s all there is to it!
What are some of your favorite gluten free cookie recipes?
I can’t wait to hear about them and I hope you love these brownie cookies as much as my family does!Print
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal*
- 3 tbsp warm water*
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine flax seed meal and warm water in a small bowl and set to the side for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in your flax seed meal mixture and stir.
- Add baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, gluten free all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form balls and place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased cookie sheet).
- Bake for 16 minutes and allow cookies to cool completely before eating.
- You can use 1 egg in place of the flax seed meal and water if you do not need this recipe to be egg free.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS GLUTEN FREE COOKIE RECIPES? CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITES BELOW!
To download your free printable gluten free and dairy free Dessert Recipes E-Cookbook, please fill out the form below.