These gluten free and vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are so easy to make and taste delicious! They use simple gluten free and vegan ingredients to make wonderful chewy cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups (189g) gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour“)
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, packed*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or raisins (I use “Enjoy Life” brand chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add gluten free all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. I recommend weighing the gluten free flour.
- Add maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla, and water to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat together. You can also use a hand mixer for this.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the oats to the bowl and mix well. The batter will be sticky, similar to no bake cookies consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the baking pan leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the cookies have started to brown. The cookies will still be a bit soft right out of the oven. Allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes or until they are firm.
You can use brown sugar in this recipe instead of coconut sugar, however brown sugar will make these cookies spread a lot. I recommend leaving out the 4 tbsp of water if you choose to use brown sugar. Then roll the dough into balls and bake according to the recipe instructions. If the dough is too dry to roll into balls then add 1 tsp of water at a time until you can form balls.