- 8oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 3–4 cups vegan powdered sugar (depending on how thick and sweet you want the frosting*)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat softened vegan butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer until well blended (or bowl if using a hand-held mixer).
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. As you add in the powdered sugar, you will need to stop occasionally to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat until creamy.
- You can use the frosting right away or place it in the refrigerator to thicken up more.
- Store in the refrigerator.
For a thicker frosting that will keep its shape more when piping onto cupcakes, add more powdered sugar.
Makes about 14oz of frosting (2-3 cups depending on how much powdered sugar you choose to add). This was the perfect amount for frosting 12 cupcakes.