- 1 1/2 loafs gluten free bread* (I use “Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White“)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- Cut bread into 1-2 inch cubes and place in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
- Pour mixture over the cubed bread, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine gluten free all purpose flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cut in butter until a crumble is formed. Store in an air tight container until you are ready to bake the casserole.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Sprinkle topping all over the bread.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until top is crispy and the eggs are set.
- I recommend using a more dense bread for this recipe like “Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White”. Udi’s bread is no longer recommended for this type of dish since they’ve changed their bread texture so much. It would likely been too mushy.