- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour (I use gluten free brown rice flour)
- 4 tbsp chili powder (homemade chili powder recipe below)*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
Homemade Chili Powder Recipe (bulk)
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add flour and whisk together for one minute.
- Add in the remaining seasoning and slowly pour in the vegetable broth whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the enchilada sauce has thickened.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipe or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Be sure you know how spicy your chili powder is if you do not use the homemade recipe provided. I used a new chili powder I got from the store a while back and didn’t realize how spicy it was. The chili powder recipe provided is very mild.