This Gluten Free and Vegan Chili uses simple ingredients and tastes wonderful! It can be made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and is SO easy to put together!
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, Instant Pot, or large pot if cooking on the stove. Stir to combine ingredients.
- If cooking on the stove, bring the chili to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce to medium heat. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until heated through. For additional flavor, cook for 45-60 minutes.
- If cooking in the slow cooker, cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- If cooking in an Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Bean/Chili setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 30 minutes high pressure on the normal mode. Once the timer goes off, allow for a natural release or do a quick release using a towel to make sure you don’t get burned.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Follow cooking directions above.