- 3 lbs tomatoes*, cut in half
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 2/3 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place tomatoes, onion, and minced garlic on a rimmed sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano evenly over the tomatoes and stir to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the tomatoes are starting to brown.
- Place the tomatoes and onions in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add dairy free milk and maple syrup to the blender, and blend to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Optionally pour the soup through a fine strainer to remove any excess tomato seeds or skin from the soup.
Roma tomatoes are traditionally used for tomato soup, but you can use any kind of tomato you have available.