These Cranberry Orange muffins are delicious and have a wonderful soft texture. They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and so easy to make!
- 1 cup (167g) all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 1 cup (116g) gluten free oat flour (or sorghum flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (refined melted coconut oil will work as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar or substitute (I use “Swerve” powdered sweetener)
- 2–3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten free all-purpose flour, gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it).
- Add the remaining muffin ingredients except for the cranberries to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold the cranberries into the batter and fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before eating.
For the best results, I recommend weighing your flour for this recipe. This is the inexpensive scale I use. Not everyone measures flour the same and in gluten free baking the amount flour can change the texture of the baked goods.