Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Chia Pudding – Gluten Free, Vegan
This Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Chia Pudding recipe is so delicious and takes about 5 minutes to prep! It’s gluten free, vegan, and makes a perfect healthy snack or breakfast!
Chia pudding still amazes me every time I make it!
It’s so crazy to me that these little seeds can make such an awesome and healthy pudding treat!
I was a little skeptical at first because I thought the texture would just be really seedy.
The texture actually reminds me so much of tapioca pudding which was one of my favorites growing up.
There are also so many different flavor combinations possible with chia pudding.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Chia Pudding is currently at the top of my list of favorites, but I can’t wait to try other flavors.
I think something fruity is next on the list. The possibilities really are endless!
Chia pudding is also the perfect treat for breakfast or even dessert because chia seeds have a ton of health benefits!
Let’s talk about some of the benefits of chia seeds and how to make this awesome chia pudding!
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS:
- Chia seeds are high in nutrients and low in calories.
- They are a great source of fiber and help with digestive health.
- Chia seeds are full of antioxidants.
- They are a great source of plant based protein.
- Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Chia seeds
- Cocoa powder
- Dairy free milk of choice: You can use any kind of milk for this recipe. I like to use Homemade Almond Milk.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
- Vegan chocolate chips: I use “Enjoy Life” brand.
HOW TO MAKE CHIA PUDDING:
- Mix together ingredients: Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, dairy free milk, maple syrup, and vanilla to a mason jar or small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Refrigerate: Cover and place chia pudding in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Stir in extras: Once chia pudding has set up, stir in peanut butter and mix in sliced bananas. Optionally top with vegan chocolate chips.
That’s all there is to it!
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Chia Pudding as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Chia Pudding – Gluten Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use Homemade Almond Milk)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, dairy free milk, maple syrup, and vanilla to a mason jar or small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Cover and place chia pudding in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Once chia pudding has set up, stir in peanut butter and mix in sliced bananas.
- Optionally top with vegan chocolate chips.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Anything with peanut butter is amazing, and this pudding looks amazing.
Thank you so much! I agree, chocolate and peanut butter combo is magic! ☺
Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana is one of my favorite flavor combos. Plus I like chia seed pudding with my breakfast. Definite;y giving this a go!
Awesome! Let me know how you like it once you try it out! ☺
This looks scrumptious, great flavor combination! Chia is such a healthy addition and I swear it makes layering looks so lovely too, thanks 🙂
Thank you! I agree! I love adding Chia seeds to recipes whenever I can. ☺
Enjoy life are the only dairy free chocolate chips I like! I have all the ingredients for this so I’m going to try it!
Enjoy life are definitely the best! Let me know how you like it once you try it out! ☺
Don’t know why I haven’t tried chia with chocolate but it sounds so good I’m going to go make some right now. Beautiful photo of simple ingredients. Mmm.
Thank you so much! It’s such a tasty combo! Let me know how you like them once you try them out! ☺