- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2–3 tsp vanilla extract
- I personally love “Dollop” brand frosting but any gluten free and vegan frosting will work
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to fill the muffin liner 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once completely cooled, frost with your favorite gluten free and vegan frosting.
- You can also make this recipe in a cake pan. Cook time will need to be increased depending on the size of the pan used. For two 6″ rounds the cook time is 30-35 minutes.