- Slice apples into 3/4″ thick slices and remove the stem and any seeds. You should get about 4 per apple.
- Carefully insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of the apple slices.
- Use a paper towel to remove any extra juice from the apples. Place the apples on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pour 3/4 of the bag of vegan chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring between each time, until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Dip the apple slices in the chocolate and place on the sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Put the chocolate covered apples in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has firmed up.
- Unwrap caramels and place them in a microwave safe bowl with 1/2 tbsp of dairy free milk. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each time, until the caramels are completely melted.
- Let the caramel sit and cool for 5 minutes. Once the caramel is cool enough to touch and has thickened up, get the chocolate covered apples out of the refrigerator.*
- Drizzle caramel over all of the chocolate covered apple slices evenly. Optionally add any toppings to the apples.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
It’s important to wait until the caramel is cool enough to touch otherwise it will melt the chocolate. You also don’t want to wait too long or the caramel will be too thick to drizzle. Waiting about 5 minutes after the caramel gets out of the microwave should be sufficient.