- 1 cup (160g) gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 All Purpose Baking Flour” or “Better Batter” for a top 8 allergen free option)*
- 1/2 (40g) cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (melted refined coconut oil, works as well)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp water (or 1 egg)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar for nut free option)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water and set to the side to thicken for about 5 minutes (skip this step if using an egg).
- In a large bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips).
- Once the flaxseed mixture has thickened, add the remaining wet ingredients to the flaxseed mixture and whisk until combined (if using an egg, add during this step).
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 greased pan and bake for 23-25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool before serving.
- For the best results, I recommend weighing your flour for this recipe. Not everyone measures flour the same and in gluten free baking the amount flour can change the texture of the baked goods.
- You can use 1 egg instead of the flaxseed meal and water if you do not have an allergy to eggs.