These gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free blueberry oat muffins are delicious! The texture is soft but hearty because of the oats and the sweet blueberry flavor is wonderful!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Breakfast Recipes E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
I have loved Blueberry Muffins since I was little. Probably because it’s pretty close to getting to eat cake for breakfast.
I also had some texture issues when I was a kid so the only way I would eat blueberries was if they were baked in a delicious fluffy muffin.
As an adult, I love blueberries in all kinds of recipes, but there is something about blueberry muffins that just really stands out as one of my favorite blueberry featured recipes.
Believe it or not, these blueberry oat muffins were inspired by my cornbread muffin recipe.
I loved the texture of the cornbread muffins and thought I could essentially use the same recipe but substitute cornmeal for gluten free all purpose flour.
This was one of the first times I had thought of a way to change a recipe to make it into a completely different recipe and I was pretty proud of myself at the time for drawing that conclusion.
It made me feel like I was finally starting to understand all of these gluten free baking tricks and ingredients. Which took A LOT of trial and error over a couple of years.
I was shocked when these muffins turned out as delicious as they did on the first try! Which is very rare when experimenting in gluten free baking.
I expected to either have a complete failure or at least have to tweak some things and try again at some point, but they were delicious! I couldn’t believe they were gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
The texture is soft but hearty because of the oats and the sweet blueberry flavor was exactly what I look for in a good blueberry muffin.
These blueberry oat muffins were also super easy to make. They only require one bowl and took me 10 minutes the get into the oven. That’s my kind of breakfast recipe!
What are some recipes you have changed or used to inspire you to come up with new recipes? Isn’t it such a cool feeling to be able to create recipes and experiment with new ideas?!
I can’t wait to hear about all of the things you have come up with and I hope you enjoy these blueberry oat muffins as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 1 cup gluten free quick cooking oats (or gluten free oat flour)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use “So Delicious unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (I use frozen blueberries, but fresh will work as well)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it).
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the blueberries to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter and fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before eating.
Looking for more delicious Breakfast Recipes? Check out some of my favorites below!
To download your free printable gluten free and dairy free Breakfast Recipes E-Cookbook, please fill out the form below.