- 1 cup (140g) brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup (100g) millet flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, cubed (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1 cup of dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put the cubed butter in a bowl and place in the freezer.
- Mix together the milk and apple cider vinegar and set to the side.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined. I recommend using a kitchen scale to measure out the flour for this recipe.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or fork. You should have pea sized balls of butter throughout the flour.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture to the dry ingredients and combine using a rubber spatula.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface (I use a little more brown rice flour for this) and roll into a square about 1 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a round glass to cut out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are lightly browned.