If you are looking for an easy recipe for berry crisp then this one is it! It’s gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and tastes amazing!
Berry filling ingredients:
- 4 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (I use a blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry mix)
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour”)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour”)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, cubed (I use “Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks”)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add all berry filling ingredients and stir to coat the berries.
- Pour the berry filling in an 8×8-inch baking dish and spread evenly in the dish.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients, except the cubed butter, and stir to combine.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the cubed butter into the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the berry filling evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is set. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.