This gluten free Beef Stew is so hearty and delicious! It’s the perfect comfort meal!
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 3–4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 1/2 tbs gluten free brown rice flour
- 2 tbs olive oil for sauteing beef
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbs gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- Chop carrots, celery, and onion. Peel and chop potatoes into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Season beef with a pinch of salt and pepper and coat in 1/2 tbs brown rice flour.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and let brown on all sides.
- While beef is browning, add all other ingredients except for brown rice flour to the slow cooker/instant pot.
- Add beef to the slow cooker/instant pot and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. If cooking in an Instant Pot, close the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Meat/Stew setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 40 minutes.
- Once the stew is done cooking, add 3 tbs of brown rice flour to thicken the stew and stir