BBQ Baked Beans – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
These BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon are one of my all time favorite side dishes! They are so easy to make and taste amazing!
I absolutely love summer BBQ food! BBQ Baked beans, hamburgers, hot dogs, coleslaw, and apple crisp are some of my favorites!
It’s officially June which means the summer BBQ’s are coming up and I am ready!
I didn’t always use to be a big Summertime fan. I was more a of a Winter girl, but that all changed after having kids.
I’m always looking for an excuse to get outside now. I think being outside is just more fun when you have kiddos to run around with.
BBQ baked beans have always been at the top of my favorites list. I could eat them all year long!
The recipe I am sharing today is so easy to make and PACKED with flavor.
Bacon, BBQ sauce, and maple syrup are a magical combination and make these Baked Beans extra tasty!
So let’s talk about how to make these BBQ Baked Beans with bacon!
EASY BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
To make this BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon recipe, you will need:
- Bacon: Optional but adds so much delicious flavor.
- Onion: I like cooking the onion in the bacon grease to give it even more flavor.
- Beans: I use Navy and Pinto beans for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Adds a delicious maple flavor and a touch of sweetness to the BBQ baked beans.
- Coconut sugar (or brown sugar): Adds flavor and sweetness to the baked beans.
- BBQ sauce: Use your favorite gluten free and dairy free BBQ Sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce: Make sure you get gluten free Worcestershire sauce. I personally like “Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce“.
- Chili powder
HOW TO MAKE BBQ BAKED BEANS FROM SCRATCH:
- Preheat oven: 350°F.
- Cook Bacon and Onion: Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and add chopped onion to the bacon grease. Saute onion over medium high heat until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Stir Together Ingredients: Add all ingredients to a 9 x 13 oven safe dish and stir to combine.
- Bake: 1 hour.
Super easy right!?
What are some of your other favorite Summer BBQ recipes?
I can’t wait to hear about them and hope you LOVE these BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
BBQ Baked Beans – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and add chopped onion to the bacon grease. Saute onion over medium high heat until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a 9 x 13 oven safe dish and stir to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This looks great. It cracked me up that you put “bacon – optional” – in my house bacon is never an option – it is a requirement! lol
Thank you Angela! Haha! Usually bacon isn’t optional in our house either, but I wanted to make sure to note that so people were aware this could be made without meat.
Goodness! This recipe is making me soooo hungry because it looks amazing. I love baked beans and I definitely need to try this.
Thank you so much, Colleen! Let me know how you like it once you give it a try! ☺
Baked beans make the perfect side dish, especially at a BBQ. I love the addition of bacon.
Thanks Erika! They definitely are the perfect dish to bring along to share!
Yum! My family would love this!
Thank you! It’s one of my family’s favorite side dishes!
These BB look so good I can nearly smell them baking! Love the combo of navy and pinto beans, spices, and Worcestershire ???
Thank you!! They smell amazing while they bake! ?
Love your site … I watched a couple of the videos, too. Now I see why these beans look so flavorful and saucy, love the mixture of tastes they must have. And I’m with you on cooking the onions in the bacon fat – such a good use for it, and so much flavor.
Thank you so much Beth! ♥
These look delicious! Can these beans be made a day ahead, refrigerated, then baked 24 hours later?
Thank you! Yes this can be made ahead of time, refrigerated, and then baked later. Beans are good out of the can for about 4 days so just keep that in mind when you decide how far ahead you want to make this recipe.
This recipe sounds amazing! I’m planning to make it for a small reception that we’re having after my sister’s wedding.
I’m curious if you’ve ever tried making it in a crockpot? Or if it could be cooked in advance and then reheated in a crockpot? Thought that would be good to keep it warm while we are at the church.
Hi Kristen, Thank you! It’s one of my favorites. I haven’t tried making it in a crockpot but I’m certain it could be reheated in a crockpot for the wedding reception. Just be sure to stir it every now and then so the bottom doesn’t burn. Congratulations to your sister and I hope you all enjoy this recipe! ☺
Delicious! And so simple. Made on stove top due to other things in oven. Tasted great!
I’m so glad to here that you enjoyed it!