These BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon are one of my all time favorite side dishes! They are so easy to make and taste amazing!
It’s officially June which means the summer BBQ’s are coming up and I am ready!
I didn’t always use to be a big Summertime fan. I was more a of a Winter girl, but that all changed after having kids.
I’m always looking for an excuse to get outside now. I think being outside is just more fun when you have kiddos to run around with.
BBQ baked beans have always been at the top of my favorites list. I could eat them all year long!
The recipe I am sharing today is so easy to make and PACKED with flavor.
Bacon, BBQ sauce, and maple syrup are a magical combination and make these Baked Beans extra tasty!
So let’s talk about how to make these BBQ Baked Beans with bacon!
EASY BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
To make this BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon recipe, you will need:
- Bacon: Optional but adds so much delicious flavor.
- Onion: I like cooking the onion in the bacon grease to give it even more flavor.
- Beans: I use Navy and Pinto beans for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Adds a delicious maple flavor and a touch of sweetness to the BBQ baked beans.
- Coconut sugar (or brown sugar): Adds flavor and sweetness to the baked beans.
- BBQ sauce: Use your favorite gluten free and dairy free BBQ Sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce: Make sure you get gluten free Worcestershire sauce. I personally like “Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce“.
- Chili powder
HOW TO MAKE BBQ BAKED BEANS FROM SCRATCH:
- Preheat oven: 350°F.
- Cook Bacon and Onion: Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and add chopped onion to the bacon grease. Saute onion over medium high heat until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Stir Together Ingredients: Add all ingredients to a 9 x 13 oven safe dish and stir to combine.
- Bake: 1 hour.
Super easy right!?
What are some of your other favorite Summer BBQ recipes?
I can’t wait to hear about them and hope you LOVE these BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and add chopped onion to the bacon grease. Saute onion over medium high heat until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a 9 x 13 oven safe dish and stir to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE: