These Balsamic Roasted Vegetables are incredible! They have so much flavor and are so easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I never thought I could ever be as excited about vegetables as I am about these Balsamic Roasted Vegetables. If my 10 year old self could see me now, they would be shocked!
For the first 24 years of my life, it was a pretty big effort to get me to eat vegetables. The silly thing is that I wouldn’t even try them!!
The first time I made these roasted vegetables was the first time I had ever had a brussels sprout. Crazy right!?
I’ve been making up for lost time and have been preparing these Balsamic Roasted Vegetables once a week this summer.
They are that good!!
They are such an easy dish to put together as well. All you do is chop up the veggies and then toss them in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, balsamic, and some seasoning.
Then roast them in the over for 30 minutes and you have an amazing side dish that goes well with any meal.
My favorite vegetables to make are peppers, zucchini, red onions, mushrooms, and brussels sprouts.
This recipe is extremely versatile so you can make this with any of your favorite vegetables. I was shocked how much I loved the brussels sprouts.
You always hear about parents having to force their kids to eat their brussels sprouts but when they are cooked like this there is no forcing going on. My daughter ate them up!
What are some of your favorite vegetables to eat? Are there any you have never tried?
I bet they would be delicious that way! I hope you all love these Balsamic Roasted Vegetables as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 2” chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2” thick half circles
- 1 red onion, cut into 2” wedges
- 8oz Mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Chop vegetables and place them in a large Ziplock bag.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and salt to the bag and seal the bag tightly, letting out as much air as possible.
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Optionally let the vegetables marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.*
- Pour the vegetables onto a cookie sheet and arrange them into a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables have started to brown and they are fork tender.
- I do think the vegetables absorb more flavor if they marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, but this is an optional step. They are delicious cooked right away as well.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.