These Asian Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are ready in under 30 minutes and are super easy to make! The sauce has an amazing peanut flavor that pairs beautifully with the ground turkey.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I’m SO excited to share this recipe with you today!!
These gluten free and dairy free Asian Lettuce Wraps have quickly become a family favorite around here.
It’s crazy how flavorful they are! With simple ingredients I always have on hand, I can have an amazing healthy dinner ready in 20 minutes.
A 20 minute meal is hard to come by when you have multiple food allergies and have to prepare everything from scratch.
So I am THRILLED to have this new recipe added to my collection!
This recipe also taught me something new about my daughter…she loves eating things wrapped in lettuce. What!?
She’s usually not a huge fan of meat, but you put it in a lettuce wrap and suddenly it’s ok.
Had I known this, I would have been wrapping everything in lettuce. I’m hoping it’s not just because it’s new to her.
I am now determined to find other ways to make dinner more fun, which apparently is as easy as wrapping it in lettuce haha!
So let’s talk about how you make them!
ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
To make these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps, you will need:
- Ground turkey: Ground chicken or beef would also work.
- Green onions: Regular diced onion can be used as well.
- Shredded carrots: Optional, but add an amazing flavor and texture to the dish.
- Head of lettuce or romaine: I personally like to use romaine lettuce to make wraps, but any large lettuce will work as well.
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut aminos: Any gluten free Soy Sauce like Tamari may also be used.
- Peanut butter
- Coconut sugar: Brown sugar can be used instead.
- Sesame oil
- Ground ginger
HOW TO MAKE EASY LETTUCE WRAPS:
- Cook ground turkey: Add ground turkey to a large pan and cook over medium high heat until no pink remains in the turkey (about 5-8 minutes).
- Prepare the sauce: While the turkey cooks, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drain grease: Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Cook vegetables: Add minced garlic, green onions, and shredded carrots to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Coat evenly in sauce: Add sauce to the pan and stir to coat the meat and vegetables. Lower heat and cook for an another 2-3 minutes.
- Season and serve: Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on romaine lettuce to form wraps.
That’s all there is to it! I hope you love these Asian Lettuce Wraps as much as my family does!
Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try!Print
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 3 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Head of lettuce or romaine
- Add ground turkey to a large pan and cook over medium high heat until no pink remains in the turkey (about 5-8 minutes).
- While the turkey cooks, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add minced garlic, green onions, and shredded carrots to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pan and stir to coat the meat and vegetables. Lower heat and cook for an another 2-3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on romaine lettuce to form wraps
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.