This Apple Cinnamon Healthy Baked Oatmeal is so easy to make and tastes wonderful! The baked apples with the warm spices and hearty oats make this a delicious breakfast treat!
Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts to make. It’s so simple to put together and can be made in so many different flavors.
My kids also LOVE it and I love that I can feed them a healthy breakfast that they enjoy.
The recipe I am sharing today is for my Apple Cinnamon Bake Oatmeal.
This is currently at the top of my favorite flavors list and is perfect for the cooler Fall weather we have coming in.
I love the baked apple and warm spice flavor. Something about it just makes me feel cozy.
Baked oatmeal is also a really great option for meal prep. I like to make a batch on Sundays to serve to my kids for breakfast throughout the week.
It will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
So let’s talk about how you make this apple cinnamon baked oatmeal!
HEALTHY BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
To make this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, you will need:
- Gluten free old fashioned rolled oats: Quick cooking oats may also be used. This will make the texture a bit softer. I like to use a mixture of both quick cooking and rolled oats most of the time.
- Coconut sugar: Brown sugar can be used instead. You can also leave this out completely if you want a lower sugar option.
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Dairy free milk of choice: I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Apples: You can use any kind of apples you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN HEALTHY BAKED OATMEAL:
- Preheat oven: 375°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients: Add all of the wet ingredients except for the apples to the dry ingredients and mix together until they are evenly incorporated.
- Fold in apples: Fold the apples into the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour into pan: Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish or 9×11 baking dish for thinner oatmeal bars.
- Bake: 20-25 minutes or until the baked oatmeal has set.
- Cool: Allow the baked oatmeal to cool completely before removing cutting. If you can’t wait and want to eat it right away you can, but the oatmeal bars probably wont hold their shape as well.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 3 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 cup
- 2 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 cups apples, chopped
- Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish or 9×11 baking dish for thinner oatmeal bars.
Most of the time when I make this recipe, I leave out the coconut sugar. The maple syrup adds plenty of sweetness for my family’s tastes. If you are used to more sweet breakfasts then I recommend keeping it in.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE: