These gluten free and vegan Almond Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal Bars are delicious and so easy to make. They have a wonderful banana bread flavor with a hint of almond butter and oat flavor as well.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed meal*
- 3 tbs warm water*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flaxseed and warm water and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and stir in almond butter until combined.
- Add vanilla, maple syrup, flaxseed mixture and milk to the large bowl and stir.
- Pour the oat mixture into the liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before cutting into squares and store in the refrigerator.
- You can use 1 egg instead of the flaxseed meal and water if you do not have an egg allergy.
- This recipe can be doubled very easily. Just use a 9×13 pan and cook 5-10 minutes longer.